Banda Kawayan Musical Classes
- Banda Kawayan is a traditional-band based at the FilCom Center that uses Filipino musical instruments made from bamboo and other indigenous materials originally from the Philippines.
Tentative Schedules: Saturdays and Sundays, 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Number of Unit Hours: 136 Hours (9 months)
Required Min. # of Participants/Month: 20
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach students the fundamental principles of music and musicianship skills, such as music theory and basic notation.
- The instructor must also often direct school musicals or ensembles for public performance, help develop educational programs and collaborate with other instructors/schools.
- The instructor must recognize musical talent in their students in order to encourage them to undertake further musical studies, such as joining a school orchestra or band.
- Assist in monitoring and reporting results.
Education and Experience
- Two years’ demonstrated success in teaching and program design in a nonprofit setting.
- Demonstrated success with tracking and meeting performance outcomes.
- Must be proficient in the following computer applications–Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Two or more years employment and/or experience in the field or industry related to the training topic(s) for which the applicant is seeking qualification.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Two or more references FilCom may contact who have observed the applicant provide instruction.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted via email or phone for interview.
Applicants must complete and submit the proposal form and resume online or via email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (808) 680-7510 or in person at the FilCom Center Office, 94-428 Mokuola Street, Suite 302 in Waipahu. Deadline of submission of applications will be on September 29, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
For more information, please contact Arceli R. Acosta at email@example.com or (808) 680-0451.