Language Immersion Classes
- This program is designed to provide students an opportunity to learn Philippine language and heritage.
Tentative Schedules: Saturdays, 1:00pm-5:00pm
Number of Unit Hours: 56 Hours (4hrs x 14 Saturdays)
Required Min. # of Participants/Month: 20 (150 on the Awards/Recognition Day)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach students speak, understand and write in Ilokano, a native language to the Philippines.
- Provide instruction in the culture and literature of the Philippines.
- Do research on linguistics or language acquisition, prepare translations, or produce their own literary works in the language.
- Accompany immersion program to the Philippines.
- Assist in monitoring and reporting results.
Education and Experience
- Two years’ demonstrated success in teaching and program design in a nonprofit setting.
- Demonstrated success with tracking and meeting performance outcomes.
- Must be proficient in the following computer applications–Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Two or more years employment and/or experience in the field or industry related to the training topic(s) for which the applicant is seeking qualification.
- A doctoral degree or graduate degree
- Two or more references FilCom may contact who have observed the applicant provide instruction.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted via email or phone for interview.
Applicants must complete and submit the proposal form and resume online or via email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (808) 680-7510 or in person at the FilCom Center Office, 94-428 Mokuola Street, Suite 302 in Waipahu. Deadline of submission of applications will be on September 29, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
For more information, please contact Arceli R. Acosta at email@example.com or (808) 680-0451.